Monday, September 1, 2008

Weaver Family Camp


Probably anyone reading this blog would know that both Ryan and I are a long way away from our families. We both miss our own and each other's families and are looking forward to the day when we can move closer to them.


Our Michigan experience has been blessed by the Weaver family who have made a great effort to provide us with a home away from home.


This weekend, we headed up to Camp Au Sable where the Weaver family was on vacation at 'family camp'. We enjoyed the luxury of going a day earlier than we previously had, and in doing so, we were able to do activities such as go-carting, and canoing. The canoe trip across the lake, through the tunnels, and down the river was my highlight.
Camp Au Sable is nestled among tall trees and on the edge of a small lake which made serenity easy to find, even after a 'late' night and 'early' morning. I was too busy enjoying the weekend, that I didn't take many pics...


Benson enjoying a Weaver tradition of bathing the kids in the sink


Benson loved song service with all the kids!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

I'm so glad and grateful that you have the Weaver clan as your close by family. I wish I could have been there too to join in the fun.