
My sweet little one, Hudson Rye is now a big one year old. We celebrated his actual birthday with breakfast together and then said goodbye to Daddy who had to drive into town for work. The boys and I played outside with friends and enjoyed opening some pressies hand delivered that very day by the Browns from Nai Nai and Ga Ga and Aunty Amy and Uncle Andy.
A few days later we had a real party for him at our home. I baked pizzas and Chrislyn made mac and cheese, Nicole made a salad and we enjoyed good food and time to celebrate Huddy. I made an Aussie mud cake for him and decorated it with fresh strawberries and raspberries from our garden.
He enjoyed our singing Happy birthday and danced a little gig by bouncing up and down on his now very strong legs.
He is walking very steadily and even attempting to run to keep up with Benson. He is enjoying the fresh tomatoes here and can eat a whole tomato at a time! He loves when daddy comes home and scampers over to greet him with wet slobbery kisses and a big audible "DADA!!"
5 comments:
He sure is growing up fast. It was fun to see him walk with my own eyes using skype last night. As your internet situation improves we will insist on short movies of the action.
What fun it was skyping on our birthday recently. The cake looks great and so glad you had some little friends to share the celebration with. Just home this morning. Much love to you all, Mum
so fun to readyour post and finally get some news. Missing you terribly! Can't wait to see hudson walk. Sorry I missed skype this am, rough night with Will. Love you and great job writing.
I so much enjoyed your blog about our Huddy Buddy's 1st Birthday. It was great to skype with you on his special day. I'm glad his little hand-carried gifts arrived on the right day! I miss you 4 so, so much! Hudson has changed too much already since I saw him last
:( Thanks for keeping in touch! Hugs, Mom
Wonderful to see you guys and read of your adventures and settling in. Thank you for posting pics and descriptive writing....so proud of you both, and want you to know we pray for your family and your mission often. Love you, A. Karen
Post a Comment