Friday, July 25, 2008

Sharing Food with Mommy and Daddy

A few days ago Ryan had the bright idea to ask Benson for some food off his tray. Ryan leaned forward, opened his mouth and gestured for Benson to share his food. After a few attempts, Benson picked up a cheerio and put it in Ryan's mouth. Score! We clapped, and Benson clapped too.

Tonight, Benson did not enjoy his vege meat Entree, but when papaya was served for dessert, he made delightful moans, and couldn't pick it up fast enough. So....we had to experiment with this new idea of 'sharing'. I leaned down to Benson's tray and motioned that Mommy would like to share his papaya...after thoughtful consideration, Benson dropped the piece of papaya in his hand, and found a discarded bit of vege meat and offered it to me. I had to take it and when I did, B put his hands together and clapped and giggled. I'm not sure if he was happy that he had 'shared' his food again, or that he had figured out a way of not giving me his papaya....hmmmm



In other news, the last 3 restless nights have produced a tooth for Benson! Yay for firsts :-)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

That is so funny! What a smart little guy.
I hope Benson rests well after cutting his tooth. And I hope you can get some rest too.

Karen and Herman said...

Hi Ryan and Shar! I love your new blog page...well done, even including your courtship pictures and narration. Brings back memories. Now Mr. B is here and it is fun to see and hear about his new activities. What a doll! Love you,
Aunt Karen

The Nagy's said...

Only 3 restless nights? I read the news to Ferenc Sr. and we are laughing. We are so envious (isn't that sick?) We had about 3 weeks of restless nights however I guess there was a reason, Ferenc Jr. finally popped 2 teeth a couple days ago and one more is almost out.

We also love B's sharing. Gosh Ryan, I think he wants the red stuff. Sorry:(

Anonymous said...

I am loving the videos of Benson - especially him jumping in his cot when he has woken up from his nap. He is such a cutie. It's amazing to see him moving around so much now. I'm also enjoying reading the funny stories about Benson...especially him sharing his vege meat instead of his papaya. What a smart little fellow...Love you, Aunty DD