Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Updates

Lots has been going on since I wrote about Hawaii. For starters, B is getting more verbal every day and able to communicate better with us as a result. We enjoy listening to his one worded requests for "bubbles" at bath time, and "eat" when he's hungry, and "Cado" for Avocado - his favorite food of the day.


We were blessed by a visit from Nai Nai Hayton, and then Andy and Amy and their quickly expanded family with Grace and Faith. Benson was in the midst of heaven with TWO bubbas, and he awoke every morning to the disappointment of the bubbas sleeping in...he would stand at the top of the stairs and rattle the gate and cry, "bubbas"...then, when they were awake (no thanks for Benson I'm sure...), he had MANY kisses to plant on them. I'm sure they left Detroit feeling the love.



Ryan spent a week in Houston at a conference for work, and he managed to swing by Nashville for a day where Jeffrey and Brooke Colburn reside with their 2 kiddos. I had flown down earlier in the week and spent time with Brooke and Elise and Zion having a blast in their backyard, playing with the trucks and trains and enjoying watching our toddlers figure out play time together. What a treat and how wonderful to see our friends in their own home!


Easter was this past weekend and Benson sure enjoyed being over at the Weavers for a delightful and somewhat meaningful easter egg hunt. He found eggs around the garden and placed them in his basket. But the real joy came once the hunt was done and he discovered Chocolate inside the eggs!!! Whoo hoo...he loved it. The afternoon was then spent with Benson searching the house for unsuspecting hunter stashes of chocolate that were just low enough for him to steal their eggs. He was a regular Easter looter by the time we were done. I'm sure the older kids wondered what happened to their dwindling supply....I guess now they know!




We're looking forward to a Hayton trip to Cabo in May.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice that Benson is trying so many new words and to hear "Grandma" the other day was real exciting. Loved the "Hi yah" too. Real sweet. Can't wait to see the sweetie again next month. Love Mum

Cheryl said...

I love your updates on your blog, Shar! Great job! It is such fun to hear Benson's growing vocab. Hearing his "Hi ya" on the phone really makes my day! Can't wait to give him hugs and kisses on Friday in Cabo!