Friday, December 11, 2009

Welcome baby Hudson Rye


It is true that I often wondered while pregnant with Hudson, "How can I love this child as much as I love his brother Benson?" However, on October 20th, the question was answered with a resounding "YES, I can love as much again" as we welcomed Hudson Rye into the world. He came out with a loud voice, big lips and a resemblance to his brother B. We marveled at him as his own little person, at his relaxed nature, expert feeding technique and baby noises and snuffles while he was sleeping. We gave my Mum the best birthday present she has ever had - a grandson to share her birthday.

Bar one sleepless night in the hospital which made us fearful we would never sleep again, he has been sleeping very well, nursing once or twice in the night and 2-3 hours during the day. He is placid, can soothe himself at times, but also loves a good long snuggle. We have been spoiled by a constant stream of family to admire Hudson, play with our big boy Benson, and help us around the home. My Mum has been here since Hudson's birth and we are grateful for the hours she has spent taking care of our family. Ryan's family has also visited and helped us alot. Benson enjoyed a visit from cousins Faith and Grace and learned he has to SHARE.

Now our families have left and we remain with memories of a beautiful Christmas with my family, and the love they all left with us.

We are delighting in the gift of two beautiful boys and we are finding that love is abundant.



















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful grandbabies and a delightful stay in Detroit with you all. Love, Mum

Cheryl said...

You do such a great job on your blog, Shar! I love your stories and terrific pictures. Yes, it's true love doesn't divide---it multiplies! Hugs & Kisses, Mom (Nai Nai)