Monday, February 22, 2010

Talking in Sentences




I love listening to stories about funny things I said when I was a child. Like when I was 6 and I stood up in the plane and said emphatically, "This plane is going to CRASH!" or when I was just a little bit older (maybe 8) and was asked by the pastor (of the new town we moved to) what I was going to be when I grew up I stated confidently, "I'm going to be a prostitute!"...then there was Ryan who at about 4 looked up at his Mommy cutting onions and said, "I can smell those with my eyes" ....

Benson has already had pearls of wisdom like these and I laugh but forget about them...so this is a dedication to an ongoing posting - an ode to Benson (currently talking in sentences) and Hudson (who will start in a few years).

After observing Mommy feeding Hudson, Benson took his little person and placed him by the balloon. When asked what he was doing, he said "drinking milk"...when asked if he was all done, "no he still has one more side to go..."

Every morning Benson wakes and after wishing me a "good morning Mommy" he proceeds to ask me "who are YOU today" not as in "are you my Mommy" but as in let's get right to playing and see "WHO are you today"...depending on the task at hand I respond with 'Washer Woman', 'Dresser Woman', sometimes 'Mommy Lion' or a crocodile for extra zing! His imagination is blossoming!

While Hudson was playing in his excer-saucer and seemingly concentrating on the plastic book, Benson looked puzzled and asked me, "Is baby reading Mommy?"




3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love your blog! What fun stories about our darling Benson! His comments are so cute. Thank you for sharing them with us. Lots of Love, Mom (Nai Nai)

ambersunrise said...

I love these stories! I wandered over here from Brooke's blog, and loved seeing the pictures of your family. Rose and Hudson have the same exersaucer, but poor Rose does not have anyone to narrate.

Unknown said...

I'm checking the blog again and what fun it is to catch up with what Benson has to say. Oh how precious are the beauitful grand babies. Love, Mum