
With Benson's first birthday only a month away I thought it would be a good idea to gather ideas and try to make a decorated cake for his birthday. Maybe it's the thought of looking back on my own birthdays as a child and remembering the fun and love that my Mum put into each of my birthday cakes. The choice was easy: Sailboats. So, with thanks to Martha Stewart and Jackie Drapiza (my culinary master friend), we did a trial cake that turned out beautiful and yummy.
Deanne and I anticipate biting into Mum's Ginger Fluff cake.
Ryan amused by Benson's icing grab.
6 comments:
Glad I was there to see Benson's "trial run" with frosting...SO cute! Can't wait to see you tomorrow!
Wow, the cake looks so professional. What a great job and I'm sure the taste is even better. Oh, the sorrows of being so far away.
Love, Mum
Wow what a beautiful cake! I wish I was there to share some cake and celebrate B's upcoming birthday. And what memories with mums ginger fluff cake...Love DD
After enjoying all of the pics and videos I miss Benson even more! I want to hug him and kiss him myself. Bring him to California ASAP. SOS!!! Aunt Jules needs to play with Benson too!
Wow Shar the cake is a masterpiece! Benson certainly is a fortunate little fellow to have such a talented and creative Mommy! I can't wait till you 3 are in CA for the big Birthday celebration!
I love all your pictures and video clips on the blog and I look at them over and over. I miss our Mister B sooooo much! Hugs, Mom
Goodness! That cake looks awesome. Hope you didn't burn the ace on your practice serve... ha ha
The main question I need answering is: You'll make this cake again in California, right?!
Post a Comment