Monday, August 18, 2008

A weekend in Baltimore

Ryan, Benson and I spent the weekend with our friends Jevon and Cheryln McFadden in Baltimore. We were spoiled with a fabulous waterfront view from their living room, and enjoyed drinking our coffees while watching the sailboats drift in the harbor. Ah...the life of a Hopkins Dr :-) We walked to downtown Fells Point which had a variety of restaurants, art galleries, furniture stores and surf shops! We met Joel and Karri McFadden at Church on Sabbath and spent the afternoon and evening with them all touring Fort Mc Henry and Federal Hill, and walking around the inner harbor. What a beautiful city with rich history. As a new American citizen I could appreciate seeing the area from where the national anthem heralded.


Ryan, Benson and I at the Baltimore Harbor

Jevon and Cheryln outside Hopkins Bayview campus where Jevon works


Karri and Joel, Jevon and Cheryln, Shar Ryan and B at Fort Mc Henry


Jevon, Cheryln, Shar B and Ryan

Auntie Cheryln showing Benson the boats in the harbor from their living room...

2 comments:

Brooke said...

I was only an hour from Baltimore this weekend visiting my family! So close. Oh well. It seems we all were all enjoying Maryland together this weekend, whether we knew it or not.

Andonius said...

That does sound fun to sip coffee and watch the sail boats. We are quite focused recently on the girls sipping their favorite beverage--Mommy's milk!